Moore County's Transfers and Discretionary Admissions page

Transfers and Discretionary Admissions

Student Admissions and Transfers If a parent has a need for their child to attend a school outside of their zoned attendance area, they can request a school transfer provided they meet the criteria set forth by the Moore County Board of Education.  School transfer requests must be submitted during the open transfer window.  Our transfer window for the 2023-24 school year will remain open from February 1 - 28, 2023.  Our transfer window is now CLOSED for the 2023-24 school year!

Below, you will find a letter sent home to all parents, information related to the student transfer and discretionary admission process, a link to the online application, and a list of "capped" schools for 2023-24.  Capped schools are those that are at or over 95% of capacity and are unable to accept new transfers or discretionary admissions.

Capped/Closed Schools for 2023-2024 are West End Elementary, West Pine Middle, Pinecrest High, and Union Pines High.

Under-utilized Schools for 2023-2024 are Highfalls Elementary, Robbins Elementary, Westmoore Elementary, Elise Middle, and North Moore High.

Letter to All Parents Regarding Transfers for 2023-2024

Letter to All Parents Regarding Transfers for 2023-2024 - Spanish

Student Transfer Timeline/Process for 2023-2024

Student Transfer Timeline/Process for 2023-2024 - Spanish

Transfer Reasons 2023-2024

**Please read these 4 important notes BEFORE starting the online transfer/discretionary admission application process!**  Our transfer window is now CLOSED!

1.   Prior to starting the online transfer/discretionary admission process, please make sure that you have your child's student ID# (PowerSchool #) handy.  Requests submitted without a correct student ID# are subject to be denied.  Any student who has attended public school in the state of North Carolina will have a student ID #.  For upcoming kindergarten students or those new to NC public schools, please enter 99999 as a temporary ID #. 
2.   Once your transfer/discretionary admission request is successfully submitted, you will immediately receive an email confirmation giving you an order number.  You will receive one email confirmation for each request submitted; therefore, if you are submitting a request for more than one student you will receive multiple email confirmations.  The email confirmation containing your order number is your proof that the request was submitted before the deadline.  Please save your email confirmation(s) for future reference.  If you don't receive an email confirmation, then your request was not successfully submitted.  (Be sure to also check your spam folder.)
3.   All communication regarding the status of your request(s) will occur through email once you have registered and submitted your request online; therefore, it is important for you to check your email (including your spam folder) on a regular basis

If this is your first time of ever submitting a request, please add the following email address to your (email) contact list.  [email protected]

OUR TRANSFER WINDOW IS NOW CLOSED!  THIS LINK WILL NO LONGER WORK!  Online Application to Request Student Transfer -or- Discretionary Admission 

Are you planning for your child to attend a school outside of Moore County for the 2023-24 school year? 
If so, you will need a release form from Moore County Schools.  Please click here to access the 2023-24 form:  Application for Moore County Resident to Enroll in a School System Outside of Moore County 

Do you have an approved discretionary admission for your child to attend Moore County Schools although you live outside of Moore County?  If yes, click here for instructions on how to obtain an out-of-district student release form from another county.

  • Moore County Schools
  • 5277 Hwy. 15-501 South, Carthage, NC28327
  • 910-947-2976
  • 910-947-3011
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2023 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.