Moore County's Enrolling- Kindergarten page

Enrolling- Kindergarten

Welcome to Moore County Schools! The following information will guide you through enrolling your child in Kindergarten.  We look forward to welcoming you and your child as they begin their school journey. 

Please note that any child who will enter kindergarten for the 2024-25 school year must be 5 years of age on or before August 31, 2024.

Kindergarten Registration Day for the 2024-2025 school year is scheduled for Friday, April 19, 2024. 
This is a day set aside for rising kindergarten students and their parents to visit their child's school.  Appointments are required for Kindergarten Registration Day.  You can schedule your appointment by calling your child's home (zoned) school.

All incoming kindergarten students must have a physical prior to the start of school.   If a rising kindergarten student has not had their physical, parents are encouraged to schedule one with their health care provider as soon as possible.  You will need a copy of the North Carolina Health Assessment Transmittal Form to take with you to the health care appointment.  The link to the health form can be found below under the section "What documentation do you need to register". 

Prior to April 19, parents should complete an online registration.  We encourage parents to complete the online registration at their earliest convenience.  The online registration portal for the 2024-2025  school year will be open on Feburary 1, 2024.  To get started with the registration process, simply click the link in the paragraph below.   When completing your online registration, please follow the instructions on the online enrollment page to begin the process.  The enrollment page can be accessed here(Please note it is very important that parents make sure to select the correct school year when starting the online registration process.  If a registration is submitted for the incorrect school year,  it will have to be  re-submitted as we are unable to move registrations within the enrollment system.)  

If a parent has a need for their child to attend a school outside of their zoned attendance area, they can request a school transfer provided they meet the criteria set forth by the Moore County Board of Education. School transfer requests must be submitted during the open transfer window.  Our transfer window for the 2025-2026 school year is February 1-28, 2025. 

Please contact your child's home (zoned) school with any questions.

How do I know my child's home school?kinder

Click here to see which school your child will attend in the 2024-25 school year. 

How do I enroll my child?

All new student enrollments are completed online. To begin the online enrollment process, please go to the Enrolling Your Child web page and follow the instructions. You will be asked to set up a parent PowerSchool registration account. Please make sure you know your child’s home school before you begin.

What documentation do you need to register?

For more detailed information on what documents you will require, please visit the Needed Documents Page.
Parents/guardians will need to provide the following documentation to the school once the online enrollment process is complete. The school will contact you to coordinate submission of all required documents. 
  • Birth certificate or other proof of age
  • Proof of domicile (current utility bill or purchase agreement with a down payment)
  • Immunization record (originals from the doctor or health department)
  • Health Form for any new students enrolling in any North Carolina public school for the first time, regardless of age or grade. The form must be completed by a doctor. Click here to access the North Carolina Health Assessment Transmittal Form
  • Proof of legal custody or guardianship, if you are not the parent.
  • Moore County Schools
  • 5277 Hwy. 15-501 South, Carthage, NC28327
  • 910-947-2976
  • 910-947-3011
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.