Students at Carthage Elementary School participated in the annual Students Against Hunger Food and Fund Drive competition that took place from October 18th through October 31st this school year. The drive was kicked off at a special pep rally in the school gym. With the community’s help and the students’ dedication, 1290 pounds of donated food was collected to help victims of Hurricane Matthew. Carthage was one of 104 schools that participated in the drive. Out of the 34 school districts within our region, Carthage placed second in the Elementary School Division. The school received a letter of gratitude from the Food Bank of CENC which collected a total of 101,646 pounds of food in the October drive.
As required by The No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB) of 2001, Title I Part A, information is available at our school to include, but is not limited to the following:
· The School Improvement Plan
· Qualifications of your child’s teacher and/or assistant
· Professional development opportunities for teachers and assistants to ensure highly qualified personnel
· The school’s written parent involvement policy
· Moore County Schools System Report Card
· School Report Card