Enrolling your child in school

Variety of information needed to enroll students


     Any child who will be entering kindergarten must be enrolled at the school he or she will attend.

     Parents of new students to the system, whether kindergarten or otherwise, must show proof of proper immunization and provide a birth certificate.

     Parents who are unsure as to the school attendance area in which they reside should call Moore County Schools' transportation department at 947-5481.  

     New residents are reminded that enrolling a student in school takes place at the school designated for the area of residence.   Parents/guardians should bring with them the following:

  • The student’s birth certificate,
  • The student’s immunization record,
  • Proof of residence (such as, but not limited to, a Moore County property tax statement, current lease/rental agreement, or current closing statement for property purchase)
  • The student’s last report card (unless the student is a kindergarten student), and
  • Proof of legal custody or guardianship.

     High school students enrolling for the first time in school should bring a high school transcript as well.

     For more information, visit the “Students and Parents Resources” page of the Moore County Schools’ website at www.ncmcs.org.