NC Pre-Kindergarten Program
NC Pre-K is a free preschool program for at-risk children who are NOT currently enrolled in a childcare center, preschool or Head Start Program. Applications will be taken for the 2019-2020 school year at the following locations:Thursday, March 14, 2019 - 11:00 am to 5:30 pm at Aberdeen Primary SchoolThursday, March 28, 2019 - 11:00 am to 5:00 pm at West End Elementary SchoolMonday, March 18, 2019 - 11:00 am to 5:00 pm at Carthage Elementary School
Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 11:00 am to 5:00 pm at Southern Pines PrimaryMonday, March 4, 2019- 11:00 am to 5:00 pm at Vass Lake-View ElementaryWednesday, March 6, 2019 - 8:00 am to 5:00 pm at Robbins Elementary SchoolDirections for applying
For more information, please call...
- Your child must be four years old by August 31, 2019. Please bring your child's Birth Certificate and Social Security card.
- You must be a Moore County resident. Please bring proof of physical address. (Drivers license or bill)
- You must meet income requirements set by the NC Pre-K Program. Please bring income verification (2018 W2 form, 2018 Tax Records, or 2 current check stubs).
- Military families (regardless of income) are eligible to apply. Please bring proof of active duty service (we cannot accept Military ID's).
- Acceptance is based on need and the number of slots available. NC Pre-K slots are NOT first come, first served.
- Judy Heffner at the Moore County Schools, Education Center - Phone: 910.947.2342
- Brittney Mays at Partners for Families and Children - Phone: 910.949.4045
Please note that slots available for NC Pre-K for the 2018-2019 school year are full. You can make an appointment with Judy Heffner at (910) 947-2342 ext. 200285 to complete a late application. If your child qualifies, your child will be put on the NC Pre-K Waiting List.